Very good condition and complete CO2 purification and liquefying plant made by Union Engineering in 2006 and operated only till 2014. Plant has two large Mehrer CO2 compressors and it liquefying is cooled with environmentally friendly Freon R507.
CO2 Purification and Liquifying Plant Union Engineering RBU 1500 kg
Gaseous carbon dioxide (CO2) is fed from the fermentation process through the foam separator where fermentation foam is removed and gas is pumped to the intermediate 50 m3 CO2 buffer storage balloon (NOTE: Foam separator is not included in this equipment) From this intermediate storage gas is fed into the scrubber where designed to clean the CO2 from ethanol and other impurities are washed away with a clean water flow in counter current scrubber.
Ethanol free CO2 gas is fed into intercooled piston type CO2 compressor where it is compressed in two stages into 18.5 bar. Compressed gas (CO2) is led in to purification unit where it passes through double acting, electric heated cleaning and drying filters. These filters are removing odor causing components and draining of CO2, which is then fed to the liquefaction plant. Liquefaction plant consist a condenser, stripping drum, evaporator and chiller running on R507 refrigerant. Refrigerant is compressed with a screw cooling compressor and it evaporates in the condenser and cools CO2 at - 30 0 C, allowing the condensation of CO2 at a pressure of 17.4 bar. Non-condensable gases will be extracted from liquid CO2 in this stage. Clean, liquefied carbon dioxide is pumped into the storage tank.
List of main equipment
1. Gaseous CO2 storage balloon 50 m3
2. Water Scrubber, 1 500 kg/h.
3. Two CO2 compressors Mehrer TVZ-400, capacity 825 kg/h year 2006, electric motor 90 kW.
4. Two units Intercooler / water separators # 14494 build on compressor package
5. Two Carbon Filters V=772 liter each.
6. Two dehydrators with Celica gel column V=190 liter each
7. Two Cooling compressors, type Bitzer (freon), HSKB7471-50-40P, 2005
9. CO2 condenser, Distillation column, Reboiler module
10. Liquid CO2 Evaporator (one unit - not three like in P&I diagram shows)
11. Piping, control & measuring equipment, pumps, valves, etc.
12. Control cabinet
13. BAC Evaporative condenser