Good condition CO2 recovery and purification plant, still in operation, made by Haffmans in year 2000, capacity 500 kg/h liquid and purfied CO2. This is currently in a brewery application and will be available in December 2014
CO2 Recovery Plant Haffmans 500 kg/h
This equipment was installed in year 2000 and this line is still in operation and in good condition.
The recovery plant is specially designed to recover CO2 from fermentation processes at breweries. This complete CO2 plant was installed in 2000 and it has nominal CO2 removal capacity of 550 kg/h. The plant has Siemens S 7 - 300 control..
- Cooling compressor unit Bitzer HSN 7471-75 Bitzer, capacity 55 kW, electric mootor 38 kW, refrigerant Freon R507
- Condenser /chiller for R507 to 1053N Bitzer, capacity 96 kW water at T = 20 ° C max, Tc = 30 ° C
- Oil separator for Freon R507, made by Bitzer, type OW 401
- Stainless Steel Filter for Freon R507
- Oil Filter for Bitzer Compressor made by MAHLE INDUSTRIEFILTER type PI- 2015 -60CR
- Tank for liquid Freon R507 made by Bitzer type FS1122
- Condenser made by H. Gunter GmbH, type CO2 VKH6 45/2800-4W,capacity 55 kW R507 Temp = -30 C, CO2 Temp = -24 C
- Stripper for washing impurities from CO2, made by Schniewindt, type 96/F6 , heaters 3 x 4.17 kW
- Collector for liquid CO2, Haffmans DN450 / 2800
- CO2 reboiler made by H.Gunter GmbH, type DN 450x280
- Liquid CO2 pump, made by Boerma Pompen, type LGP 1C, volume 1.63 m3/h, motor 0.75 kW
- Separator for R507 made by Bitzer, type OA 1854 volume 40 liters
- Evaporator for CO2 type LC 600, capacity 600 kg/h of CO2, control unit S-GHD-65/25
- CO2 regulator valve Samson 2417, 1600 kg / h CO2 max
- Reduction station Samson 2412, 1600 kg / h CO2
- Cooling Tower BAC VKL- 243 -JXFF, cooling fan 2-speed 5,5 / 1,4 kW
- Cooling tower pump Grundfos LP-50-200/205, 7.5 kW /2900 rpm, capacity 16 m3/h, head 50 m
- CO2 compressor Josef Mehrer TWZ- 70, 75 kW, 620 rpm, capacity 550 kg CO2 / h
- Engels & Konrad filter dryer with Sorbead WS desiccant and deodorizer with active coal type 607C. Both filters with a blower and electric heater
- The secondary filter
- CO2 Pump , made by Haffmans, capacity 250 kg/h, 90 bat, electric motor 2,2 kW
- TWZ Compressor cooling pumps Grundfos CH 12.40-AW-GBQQE, capcity 2.5 m3/h, electric motor 0.52 kW
Operation description of this Haffmans CO2 recover plant
Gaseous carbon dioxide (CO2) is fed from the fermentation tank through the foam separator where fermentation foam is removed and gas is pumped to the intermediate 50 m3 CO2 buffer storage balloon (NOTE: Foam separator is not included in this equipment) From this intermediate storage gas is fed into the scrubber where the CO2 is cleaned. Scrubber is designed to clean the CO2 from ethanol and other impurities with a flow of counter current clean water flow.
Purified gas is fed into intercooled piston type CO2 compressor where it is compressed in two stages into 18.5 bar . Compressed gas (CO2) passes through double acting, electric heated active coal cleaning filters. These filters are clearing and draining of CO2, which is then fed to the liquefaction plant. Liquefaction plant consist a condenser, evaporator and chiller running on R507 refrigerant. Refrigerant is compressed with a screw cooling compressor and it evaporates in the condenser and cools CO2 at - 30 0 C, allowing the condensation of CO2 at a pressure of 17.4 bar. Non-condensable gases will be extracted from liquid CO2 in this stage. Clean, liquefied carbon dioxide is pumped into the storage tank which is not included in this equipment.